Monday, July 5, 2010

2 month progress report. 8 more to go

Hey Blog Fam!

Well, I am still on this weight loss grind. I am jogging again and loving it. I have also gotten back to my walking lunges which I couldn't do last month. I moved on to more weight training to help me sculpt and lose some serious inches. My body responds very well to weight training. I tend to build muscle which will move the scale upwards a bit but the inches will disappear rapidly. Then once the inches are lost the scale will move downwards again. So now I am back in my pre-pregnancy clothes comfortably. I also purchased summer clothes in my pre-pregnancy size 14 and I am in those clothes comfortably. The legs, thighs, and butt are slimming down. The upper body is coming down as well. The waist is also slimming down. I couldn't be more pleased with my results. To celebrate I purchased a new pair of running shoes (Brooks). I needed a new pair anyway since my feet have grown during pregnancy about a half size (boo). I also purchased some inserts as well. Since I purchased running shoes my perfomance while jogging and running has increased. I began a couple of years ago with going to Fleet Feet and getting my feet measured and analyzed. They recommended 3 pairs of shoes and I chose the best one for my feet. We added a supportive insert and it was on from there. I was jogging/running about 15 to 20 miles a week, which is good for a non runner such as myself. Now with my new pair of Brooks I clocked in 2 miles in 26 minutes and another mile with heavy incline in another 15 minutes. I added in 2 sets of 40 walking lunges and that concluded my one hour workout on the 4th of July. I feel great!

Here are my updates for my second month of progress. 8 more to lose and counting.










1 comments:

Charizma00! Braidlocks and More said...

COngrats on all your weight loss sucess! Your hair is fabulous.