Friday, March 27, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Hey Blog Fam,
Well, I am nearing the completion of my long projects on the road. It appears that God had other plans for me and the project team offered me another position which would require me to only travel maybe once a month or so. I can work from my home office or I can go into the executive office where my other office is and work from there. I am maintaining my responsibilities with some other small tasks but for the most part I am staying home. In the VP meeting I was described as Director Level Talent. Other comments were made that I could perform in a Director level position now and excel. Don't you just love the praise? I do too!
Now that I only have one week left in Cali and one week in St. Louis I have to get back on track with my workouts. While in Cali I went to LA Fitness which sucked because I am just not used to not having the equipment I need to get my workout in. When I came home on the weekends my weekends were filled with Sisterlock Installations so no time for the gym because those sessions would start at 7 AM on Saturdays and Sundays were travel days. Yeah I know crazy. So now that I have my life back I need to come up with a game plan to get back on track. My pers did the Master Cleanse and she is off and running now after 10 days. I couldn't get past 2 days on that cleanse. I was still trying to workout while doing that cleanse which almost sent me to the emergency room. So what is a girl to do? Well here is what my plan will be....
- Go to the Farmer's Market and stock up on the veggies, fruits, and fish. My fridge looks like a bachelor has taken residence in my home.
- I need to clean house! Since me and hubby are rarely at home there is plenty of dust and cobwebs that I need to get rid of. I also need to open up the windows and let some much needed fresh air in there.
- After cleaning house and stocking the house I plan to eat clean. For the first ten days consume 80% raw veggies and 20% with fish as my protein. I will add a couple protein shakes while I am working out as well. I hope this habit will continue on.
- After 10 days I will introduce brown rice, sweet potatoes, and whole grains.
- My workouts will be 5 days a week with my cardio during my lunch break at work. I will get in a good 30 minute run on the treadmill during my lunch break. After work I will hit the gym and do my strength training or a class.
- I will also clear my mind and do some studying of the bible and some much needed meditation. I need to have some quiet time with just me and my heavenly father.
I think this is a good start and I very excited about getting back to a normal way of life at home. I can say that I did the road warrior thing and it is not for me. Nope!
Sunday, March 15, 2009