Thursday, December 6, 2007

SOFT SPIKE RESULTS

Hey Blog Fam!


Here are the results of my first attempt at using Soft Spikes. If I must say so myself I think I did a pretty good job. I like the soft spike curls better than the perm rod curls. These curls appear to give my hair a layers look with the back being a little shorter. I put a little flower on the side and rocked it like that to work. I am going on a week long business trip so the real test will be how long thes curls will last me with traveling. If they don't last I will just bring my soft spikes and roll it up in the room. That is the beauty of the spikes...light weight.











6 comments:

Lakia said...

Your hair is beautiful. Good job with the soft spikes!

SistaLocd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SistaLocd said...

Those curls look georgeous!

Ketrina said...

Your locs are beautiful. How are you maintaining them?

Trina said...

Thanks Ketrina! May I say you have a lovely name. My full name is Katrina! Great moms think alike.

Well I retighten my locs myself switching between the nappyloc tool, the sisterloc took, or just a plain ole crochet needle. It really depends on how I am feeling that day.

I wash a couple times a week switching between Aveda's Brillant Shampoo or the IC Pure Tea Shampoo.

I am taking a break from the conditioner because my hair has been slipping in the middle of my head. Isn't that something I am about 18 months into my journey and I am experiencing slippage. LOL!

For my scalp I am using jojoba oil, lavendar, and rosemary mixed in a bottle. I use that after a good wash. I also take flax seed oil blended in my smoothie in the mornings. Flax seed oil is a great source of Omega 3 which is great for skin, hair and nails among other benefits.

Ketrina said...

Thank you for the lengthy reply! Love your name, too. ; P