Friday, March 28, 2008

It's hard out here for a Trainee



Hey Blog Fam!





Well I finally did it. I took the Sisterlocks training. You may have seen me on the Atlanta Video Blog. I am so proud of myself. I have installed locs before so now I am just formally trained to offer Sisterlocks and ready to go. My schedule is getting pretty tight already. I have people flying in for installations which makes me oh so honored that a client would be willing to fly to let my fingers start their journey. Atlanta is fastly becoming a city where kinks and coils are becoming a common style. Not to mention locs! Brothas are rocking those locs and I am seeing many more women with Sisterlocks or micro locs. With all of this being said if you are interested in Sisterlocks or Brotherlocks I am offering Trainee Prices for a limited time. With the way God is filling my schedule I don't expect to be a trainee long. Here are a couple pics of my home studio.





I have been reading various blogs and posts on LIU and I am really saddened to hear so many horror stories about bad consultants and trainees. I sit back and sigh to myself like....Man, those few are making it really hard out here for a trainee. I truly believe that your business lives by the clients / customers or it will die by the customers. If a client comes to your door or calls your number and desires sisterlocks that person has researched and prepared themselves for the investment and commitment that they are about to undertake. So what is a Sisterlock consultant / trainee? Let's see what my good ole buddy wikipedia says about a consultant

A consultant (from the Latin consultare means "to discuss" from which we also derive words such as consul and counsel) is a professional who provides advice in a particular area of expertise such as accountancy, the environment, technology, law, human resources, marketing, medicine, finance, economics, public affairs, communication, engineering, graphic design, or waste management.

A consultant is usually an expert or a professional in a specific field and has a wide knowledge of the subject matter. A consultant usually works for a consultancy firm or is self-employed, and engages with multiple and changing clients. Thus, clients have access to deeper levels of expertise than would be feasible for them to retain in-house, and to purchase only as much service from the outside consultant as desired. It is generally accepted good corporate governance to hire consultants as a check to the Principal-Agent problem.[citation needed]

Hmm interesting isn't it? An expert at Sisterlocks! That is big responsibility and to hear that there are consultants and trainees out there who are not accepting accountability for their actions it ticks me off. What comforts me is that the victims are not being deterred by those few bad apples.

10 comments:

Cabrini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cabrini said...

Yup, yup, and THAT'S why I am coming to THAT chair. Instead of trusting some Herb with my journey. I may have to come down on a Friday after work though instead of being able to kick it with you... getting the time off work when my boss is already granting me an early week for Vegas (coming up this week) is looking impossible! Not b/c he sucks, but b/c I want to be a professional. He likes me a lot and I want to keep it that way. Hopefully Friday night will still give us enough time to get the job done AND bond. Since it's a shorter trip, Rj may stay. I have no idea... I'll make it up as I go along. I'm blabbering cause I should be asleep. The shop looks great! lol

Maryee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lakia said...

Congrats Ma! I been thinking about the class too. I have to see if it is worth giving up my second job (which I am beginning to hate).

Maryee said...

Congratulations! I knew the east coast was growing by the day with natural coils and locks simply by analyzing my stat counter map locater. The east coast is on the move, with the west coast being 2nd and unfortunately us in the middle/central south (Texas) a little behind in the times. I'm sure with the web presence, things will start to progress. Wishing you all the best in your new career! I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job!! BTW, I added a label to your blog post in the exchange.

Trina said...

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your warm wishes.

Lakia, you may want to look into the class seriously. Especially if you are looking to give up that second job.

Thanks Maryee!

C & C said...

Yay! Another professional has joined the Sisterlocks Consultant/Trainee ranks. Now THAT’S what’s up. I pray you nothing but the best on your new endeavor.

Peace

DJT said...

Congratulations on your journey to consultant-hood! You and all of your futire clients will be forever blessed!

CarmenNC said...

You have a nice salon there. I don't have a tv in my salon. LOL. I don't have cable so my clients will be bored to death watching old movies anyways. Anyways in a few minutes they usually fall asleep listening to classic soul or jazz.

Naturally Free Hair Studio (678.467.1867) said...

Hey Trina - I agree that without clients, you have no business. Looking good girl, keep up the good work!