Monday, September 24, 2007




Hey Blog Fam!

Well, I am back from my dad’s wedding celebration. I had a good time seeing everyone after 10 months. My dad’s wedding was nice. There were some things that happened that I personally would not have tolerated but hey it wasn’t my wedding. My dad hasn’t been married in over 30 years so there was no way he wasn’t getting married in a church. His wife was married two times previously but it wasn’t in the church so this was her first wedding. There were a lot of things that she didn’t know and relied on her family for, but certain family members used that as their time to shine instead of saying hey I don’t know how to do this or researching how to do it. For example there were two coordinators. Yes 2!! Well actually 3 because the niece’s mother decided to join in. The reason for that is the niece is a Jehovah’s Witness and her religion prevented her from entering the sanctuary of other churches. So the seamstress/makeup artist/ cousin acted as the coordinator. Okay in my opinion if my religion prevented me from doing the entire job I am going to bow out completely and just help out where I can. I would just allow someone else to be the coordinator. Nope! That is not what happened. With two coordinators that lead to a lot of confusion which included no DJ because no one called to confirm with the DJ, a mad stampede to the buffet line, the wedding ceremony started 30 minutes late and the reception started over 1 hour late. This is a great example of too much of a good thing can be bad for you. So three wedding coordinators = less work accomplished.



I had an opportunity to spend time with my nephews. I love my nephews and my sister so much. I noticed some things while there that I understand are not my sister’s fault because here is only so much she can do as a single parent. That thing is my nephews are craving male attention. The children’s fathers are not present in their lives and it is such a shame. My youngest nephew Javon aka Peanut was all over my husband. “Uncle Charles” “Uncle Charles” was all that came out of his mouth. While Peanut loves Uncle Charles he has the utmost respect for him. If Peanut acted out all I had to say was “I am telling Uncle Charles!!” and he would cringe and say “NOOOOO!” Peanut requires a lot of attention so I can see how my little sister can spend so much time and sort of neglect Jalen. While I was there I tried to spend as much time with Jalen (the oldest nephew). Even if it was just a dance with just he and I during my father’s wedding that is what I did. When I lived in Detroit I would come and pick just Jalen up and take him to a basketball game to let him know that he was special too. He is missing his father as well! He is an Auntie baby though. He flocks to me and remembers everything we do together. I just don’t understand how a man can walk away from their children…their own flesh and blood and leave them wanting. Shame on them!


During the time home we ate so much great food I feel like blah. Plus I haven’t been in the gym in like 2 weeks. Bad Trina! I know!! I would say I gained like 2 pounds from my trip home. My dad’s friends all know how to cook and were throwing down whether it was on the grill, on the fryer, or just period in the kitchen. They made sure I ate too. Come on girl eat up!…You know you want some more! So you all know what that means. I am officially back on the Fat Smash and my workout plan. I want to begin using my home equipment more so I am going to make an effort to get up on the weekends to do my running and workouts. I lost 10 pounds on the Fat Smash diet last month and plus my monthly symptoms were non existence so if for nothing else but to alleviated cramps and bloating I am back on the wagon.

0 comments: